HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
By completing this course you will acquire the skills and knowledge to recognize and respond to life threatening emergencies in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC)
This course applies to all people who may be maybe required to provide an emergency response, in a range of settings including community and workplace.
The course will cover the following elements:
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Recognise an emergency situation
- Identify, assess and manage immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for advanced resuscitation response
- Assess the situation and seek assistance from emergency response services where required
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with ARC guidelines
- Provide first aid in accordance with established first aid principles
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
- Obtain consent from the casualty where possible
- Use available resources and equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Monitor the casualty’s condition and respond in accordance with first aid principles
- Communicate details of the incident
- Accurately convey incidents to emergency response services
- Report details of incident to workplace supervisor as appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies
This course is delivered over a period of 8 hours face to face classroom based training or in a flexible mode of delivery which consists of pre-course online study and 4 hours of face to face training.
NB Students must complete and submit all on-line learning modules before they are able to attend the practical assessment session.
There are no prerequisite units. Participants should have numeracy and literacy skills equivalent to level 2 of the National Reporting System.
Students can contact our office for a copy of the enrollment form.
You will be required to pay the course fee prior to commencing the course.
- 1 day face to face course cost $120
- 4 hours face to face and pre-course online study $100
If you are completing the online study option you need to pay the fees 1 week prior to course commencement to enable us to provide you with your log in details.