HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
By completing this course you will acquire the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty.
This course applies to all people who may be required to provide a first aid response, in a range of settings including community and workplace.
The course will cover the following elements:
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Recognise an emergency situation
- Identify, assess and manage immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for advanced resuscitation response
- Assess the situation and seek assistance from emergency response services where required
- Apply appropriate first aid procedures
- Perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with ARC guidelines
- Provide first aid in accordance with established first aid principles
- Display respectful behaviour towards a casualty
- Obtain consent from casualty where possible
- Use available resources and equipment according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Monitor the casualty’s condition and respond in accordance with first aid principles
- Communicate the details of the incident
- Accurately convey incidents to emergency response services
- Report details of incident to workplace supervisor as appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies
- Evaluate the incident and own performance
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers involved in critical incidents
- Participate in debriefing to address individual needs
This course is delivered over a period of 16 hours face to face classroom based training (2 days) or in a flexible mode of delivery which consists of pre-study online and 8 hours (1 day) of face to face training.
NB Students must complete and submit all on-line learning modules before they are able to attend the practical assessment session.
There are no prerequisite units. Participants should have numeracy and literacy skills equivalent to level 2 of the National Reporting System.
Students can contact our office for a copy of the enrollment form.
You will be required to pay the course fee prior to commencing the course.
- 1 day face to face course cost $190 (8 hours)
- 6 hours face to face and pre-course online study $170
If you are completing the online study option you need to pay the fees 1 week prior to course commencement to enable us to provide you with your log in details.