HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation
This unit of competency is aimed at those who currently hold a Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation certificate and wish to upgrade to Provide Advanced Resuscitation.
The course will cover the following elements:
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Recognise an emergency situation
- Identify, assess and manage immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for advanced resuscitation response
- Assess the situation and seek assistance from emergency response services where required
- Perform advanced resuscitation
- Perform Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with ARC guidelines
- Provide supplemental oxygen
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
- Obtain consent where possible
- Use available resources and equipment to make the casualty as comfortable as possible
- Monitor casualty condition and rectify issues preventing adequate treatment.Communicate details of the incident
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency response services
- Report details of incident in line with organisational policies
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies
- Evaluate the incident and own performance
- Recognise the possible psychological impacts on self and other rescuers involved in critical incidents
- Participate in debriefing to address individual needs
- Check, maintain and clean equipment ready for future use
This course is delivered over a period of 6 hours face to face classroom based training
There are no prerequisite units. Participants should have numeracy and literacy skills equivalent to level 2 of the National Reporting System.
Students can contact our office for a copy of the enrollment form.
You will be required to pay the course fee prior to commencing the course. The cost of the course is $150.00.