HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
By completing this course you will have a nationally recognized certificate in providing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). The course will teach you how to perform CPR in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines.
This course applies to all people that maybe required to provide CPR, in a range of settings including community and workplace.
The course will cover the following elements:
- Respond to an emergency situation
- Recognise an emergency situation
- Identify, assess and manage immediate hazards to health and safety of self and others
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for CPR
- Seek assistance from emergency response services
- Perform CPR Procedures
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) in accordance with ARC guidelines
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
- Operate automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Communicate details of the incident
- Accurately convey incidents to emergency response services
- Report details of incident to workplace supervisor as appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies
This course is delivered over a period of 4 hours face to face classroom based training.
There are no prerequisite units. Participants should have numeracy and literacy skills equivalent to level 2 of the National Reporting System.
Students can contact our office for a copy of the enrollment form.
You will be required to pay the course fee prior to commencing the course.
- Full Face to Face (F2F) – 4 hours in duration $65